Saturday, 6 August 2011

Scrap Therapy plus a little Step by Step, Scrap Jacked

The 1st Friday lot of challenges are up over at


Here's my examples for the Room Inspiration Challenge,
and its all about the Nursery!

Nursery 1



Nursery 2


 

 
Here's a STEP BY STEP on the above

Have you ever had a go at playing with one of Prima's Paintables?

Using watercolour pencils and deepening the colour by brush and water is so much fun!

You can find some Paintable papers here

http://www.scraptherapy.com.au/products.php?cat=454

And by using my Room Inspiration # 2 LO as an example, here's how....

Choose your watercolour pencil/s
Image

Start colouring in! :P Shade lightly for pale colour - and a heavier shade will encourage a darker colour.
Image

Find a paint brush and some water
Image

Start painting the water on...
Image

Image

Image

Here's the finish:
Image

This is a relatively easy LO to do... just added some rosettes under the photo and some butterflies!

I'd love to see some of the other paintables done... I know I'm going to add a few more to my next order :wink:



Nursery 3



And if you want to join me in a
Blind Scrap on Wed 24th August at 8pm (Sydney Aust time)
you can find the 'ingredients' you'll need

And I just bought me a heap of wonderful
 My Minds Eye
and its running off the shelf !!
along with
Just STUNNING!
Got a good armful of that too!

(VERY big smile!)


-----------------

SCRAPJACKED
is up
This is my dt sample:
Little Hannah who couldnt what for her 'Bun' to dry on the line...
You can find the challenge
I hope you can join us, there's some wonderful DT LO's to jack!


--------------------------------


OOOH!
A bit more of the secret is leaked!!!

An exciting new site is heading your way!
 It's a BRAND NEW challenge premiering next week.
 I can't wait to share the details with you all.
 Be sure to stay tuned to my blog for more details
 on the FUN challenges,
AWESOME design team,
and FABULOUS prizes headed your way!

wink wink!



8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Mandy!! These are ALL GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee that one with all the window frames!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lea said...

You're nursery layouts are beautiful! Thanks for the watercolor tips. I have some watercolor pencils but never think of using them. Oh and the Bun Down layout is adorable! the picture is priceless and I love your fabric flowers!

jacirascrap said...

Nossa...seus LO sempre maravilhosos... Amo seu trabalho!

Kylie said...

Such adorable layouts...can't wait to play again this montha t Scrapjack

phillipa said...

Beautiful layouts Mandy and Oh My Gosh!!!! I adore all those nurseries!!

Jenneke said...

Owww....secrets.....can't stand them ;-)!
But I ADORE your layouts, Mandy! So so beautiful!!

XXXJenneke

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

fabulous!!!
hugs from Brazil

Lizzyc said...

all these layouts are so gorgeous and i am curious on your 'news'!!! of a new challenge site!!